Radon Mitigation in Omaha, De Moines, and Nearby
Reliable Radon Systems in Nebraska, Missouri, and Iowa
Watch to learn about the best radon mitigation methods and how they can reduce radon levels in your home.
If you think you have an issue with home radon, then it's time to take action. Radon Defense Midwest provides free, in-home radon mitigation consultations and can conduct a radon test in as little as two days. During this time, Radon Defense Midwest will perform a Structural Analysis and Design Survey that details all that goes into a successful mitigation.
Regardless of whether you have a basement or a crawl space, our expert technicians will design a radon mitigation system that works for your home. Plus, our radon mitigation solutions are also compatible with any waterproofing systems that are currently in your basement or crawl space.
Contact us today for a free radon mitigation quote! Our radon mitigation services are available throughout Omaha, Des Moines, Lincoln, and nearby areas in Nebraska, Missouri, and Iowa.
Radon Mitigation System Installations
As a member of the National Radon Defense network, Radon Defense Midwest' radon technicians are extensively trained on the best practices for properly installing radon mitigation systems. A radon mitigation system is designed to pull radon from inside the home and expel it outside the house. Each of our contractors is licensed to perform all radon services and comply with all recommended practices to ensure the highest quality solutions have been provided.
How Radon Mitigation Systems Work:
- PVC pipe collects soil gasses
- Radon is piped upwards in the building
- A radon depressurization vent forces radon out from your house
Common Radon Mitigation Procedures
Radon Defense Midwest's radon mitigation system uses sub-slab depressurization to reduce radon levels.
Each radon mitigation system design varies depending on the structure of your home. Homes are generally categorized according to their foundation design. A basement, crawl space, or slab all determine the proper mitigation system needed. The following procedures are taken in most instances:
- Forces need to be redirected from the "stack effect". The stack effect draws air from beneath your home and up into your living space. Depressurizing the soil beneath the structure allows for the radon gas to be redirected.
- The radon gas is redirected. A hole is drilled into the slab, crawl space, or surrounding earth to create a suction point (sometimes more than one suction point is needed). The radon gas is vented through a PVC pipe that is connected to the hole. The pipe can be installed through the house or outside. Some newer homes have radon control systems installed that run through the home.
- The radon gas is vented out, away from your home. The pipe is connected to a fan in the attic or to the top of the structure for proper ventilation.
- Radon entry points are sealed. To resist gas entry, cracks are sealed using a urethane caulking compound.
- A final system checklist is performed. Your technicians are trained and certified to inspect the entire radon mitigation system after it has been installed to make sure it complies with industry standards. Proper system labeling and proper fan operation are checked, along with other key system details.
- Retesting for radon. Retesting is done within 30 days of the system installation to ensure the system is working effectively.
Schedule a free radon mitigation estimate today
Candi and Kim share their experience with Radon Defense Midwest and why they believe it's important to take the risk of radon seriously.
Radon Defense Midwest offers a variety of payment options for your convenience. We know that radon gas mitigation is not always a budgeted household expense and we'll work with you to make sure that you get the best value within your price options. We also provide multifamily radon mitigation in compliance with the HUD Radon Policy.
Don't wait to make your home healthier and safer! Call 1-844-912-0533 or contact us today to schedule a radon test or receive a free radon mitigation system quote! We serve Omaha, Des Moines, Lincoln, Sioux City, Council Bluffs, Bellevue, Elkhorn, Gretna, Fremont, Hastings, and nearby areas in Nebraska, Missouri, and Iowa.