Breathe EZ UVC Light in Omaha, Des Moines, Lincoln, & Nearby
Ultraviolet light stops mold & bacteria inside the HVAC system
Mold and mildew thrive in wet, dark conditions. When running the air conditioner, condensation often forms on the unit's evaporator coils. This moisture from condensation creates the ideal environment for mold to grow.
Mold in an HVAC system is a common problem - and as the mold grows, it can make people sick without ever being detected. In fact, the fastest way to spread mold through a building is through a forced-air HVAC system.
National Radon Defense dealers install the Breathe EZ UVC Light to improve indoor air quality and eliminate dangerous contaminants. Schedule an indoor air quality estimate with us today to see if this product is the right fit for you!
How the Breathe EZ UVC Light works
A view of the Breathe EZ UVC Light where it is placed above the coil.
The UV-C technology used in the Breathe EZ UVC Light is one of many electromagnetic frequencies emanating from the sun. Like other waveforms, its properties are unique to its wavelength. Here is how the Breathe EZ UVC Light eliminates mold and other bacteria from your HVAC system:
- A glass tube is evacuated and refilled with argon at far below atmospheric pressure to synthesize this frequency. A small amount of mercury is then added.
- After, the mixture is energized to create a glowing plasma of electrons that pass through the mercury vapor.
- As the electrons strike mercury atoms, they liberate mercury electrons at mercury's spectral line frequency, 253.7nm. The dominant emission (>90%) from these lamps is UV-C energy. The "C" frequency of the electromagnetic UV family has germicidal properties and other benefits.
- Microorganisms are simple organic structures that readily absorb the UV-C wavelength, causing photo-disassociation or destruction.
- Microbes DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is first to be destroyed due to its weaker molecular bonds. In hundredths of a second, it suffers irreparable damage. The subsequent loss of genetic instructions causes cell death and or the inability to replicate, rendering them harmless.
- Continuous exposure causes uninterrupted degradation, much like sun exposure only significantly faster, helping the UV-C light to eliminate mold spores and bacteria extremely effectively.
With UV-C technology, it is possible to destroy more than 99.99% of all pathogens in seconds affordably, efficiently, and reliably without additional chemicals.
Mold can restrict airflow inside the HVAC system
The Breathe EZ UVC Light ensures better air quality.
Mold is not only an indoor air quality health problem, but it can also restrict airflow inside the HVAC system. Mold growth gradually destroys the surfaces it grows on. Mold and mold spores are a natural part of our environment - given the right conditions, it will grow in an HVAC system.
The Breathe EZ UVC Light is professionally installed by a trained National Radon Defense dealer to improve the efficiency of the heating and air system while also creating healthier indoor air.
Why we do not use ozone generators
Many contractors promote ozone products as a way to solve indoor air quality issues. These systems usually come in three forms: in-duct units for central air systems, portable indoor units, and units worn on the body. While manufacturers refer to the ozone in these products as activated oxygen, trivalent oxygen, or nature's air purifier to suggest they are safe, that is not the case - this is why National Radon Defense does not promote or sell any products that produce ozone.
Companies advertise that ozone can oxidize indoor air pollutants and leave only carbon dioxide, water, and breathable oxygen. But independent studies have shown that ozone generators do not effectively destroy microbes, remove odor sources, or reduce indoor pollutants enough to provide health benefits. More alarming, these devices can generate excessive levels of ozone and may contribute to eye and nose irritation or other respiratory problems.
Household air cleaner evaluations by the Consumers Report14, the American Lung Association (ALA)18, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)19 offer explicit warnings against ozone-generating devices. The Consumer Reports' authors said that after performing tests, they "wouldn't recommend an ozone generator even as a last resort."
Schedule an indoor air quality assessment today!
Want to stop the spread of mold and mildew in your HVAC unit? Contact Radon Defense Midwest for a lasting, incredibly efficient, and safe solution with the Breathe EZ UVC Light. Schedule an indoor air quality assessment to learn more.
We serve Nebraska, Missouri, and Iowa areas throughout Lincoln, Des Moines, Bellevue, Council Bluffs, Sioux City, Gretna, Fremont, Hastings, Elkhorn, and nearby.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.