Existing Radon Mitigation System Inspection & Upgrade in Greater Omaha
Is your radon system doing enough to protect your property?
If you have a radon mitigation system that is over 5 years old, Radon Defense Midwest recommends that your system be inspected to ensure you are protected from radon exposure. In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends all homes with a radon mitigation system be tested every 2 years.
If you are planning on selling your home soon, you may want to have your mitigation system inspected to ensure it meets code requirements and to avoid any contingencies on the sale of your house.
Radon Defense Midwest is a trusted member of the nationally recognized National Radon Defense network, and we have the training and experience to help lower home radon levels.
To schedule a radon mitigation system inspection, call 1-844-912-0533 or click below to contact us online today! We serve Nebraska, Missouri, and Iowa, including Omaha, Lincoln, Sioux City, and areas nearby.
Why should you get a radon mitigation system inspection?
As a home settles and changes over time, your radon entry points can too. Existing cracks and gaps can grow – and new ones can also form. Another factor to consider is the longevity of the radon mitigation system. Once the system starts to deteriorate, its performance becomes less effective, which also means it will not be doing as much to protect your family from home radon. Some other reasons include:
- Radon fans typically wear out after 7-8 years
- All major radon fan manufacturer's warranties usually expire after 5 years
- Radon fan motors will corrode inside the fan housing, becoming less effective and louder over time
- Radon is one of the leading causes of lung cancer and your radon system may not be working effectively
- Your home at had high radon levels due to the soil under your house one point
For these reasons and more, the EPA recommends that a radon mitigation system inspection be performed every 2 years. Schedule a radon system inspection to make sure your home is protected from this cancer-causing gas.
How we inspect your radon mitigation system
Not sure whether your radon system is doing enough to protect your home? Radon Defense Midwest can inspect your mitigation system to ensure it is keeping home radon levels low and working as efficiently as possible. We do this by:
- Performing a diagnostic analysis to ensure the correct gauge radon fan is installed
- Inspecting the foundation for additional radon entry points
- Inspecting the radon pipe for leaks
- Measuring the relative humidity
- Making sure the radon pipes are secured tightly to the supports
- Ensuring the radon system meets local and national health department codes
- Analyzing the noise level
- Radon testing
Radon mitigation system repair & replacement
Once we analyze your radon system, we can determine whether it needs some upgrades or if it should be replaced. Our radon mitigation system upgrades include:
- A new premium radon fan with a 5-year warranty or an optional 10-year warranty
- A diagnostic analysis to ensure the correct gauge of the fan is installed
- Sealing additional radon entry points
- Noise reduction solutions
- Aesthetic options to improve the look of the system
- Code compliance adjustments
- Indoor air quality improvements
- A radon test after a system upgrade or replacement
* Additional charges may apply for some repairs & all charges are approved by the customer before a service is performed
Schedule a radon mitigation system inspection today
While a radon mitigation system can help lower your home radon levels, maintaining it will ensure long-lasting results. That is why Radon Defense Midwest provides reliable radon mitigation system inspections, repairs, and replacements.
Contact us for more information about our radon testing and radon mitigation services in Nebraska, Missouri, and Iowa areas, including Council Bluffs, Bellevue, Elkhorn, North Platte, Gretna, Fremont, Hastings, and nearby.